Tag Manager

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Driving

Kels and Kate both got their permits last week and I know consciously that the only way for them to become good, confident drivers is to drive. Oh. My. Goodness. Fear. Of. Death.

I let Kate drive home from school the other day and in-between the bouncing back and forth between the white lines of the lane; the curb checks anytime she turned right (our tires are fine, thank you very much), and the fact that she took out Kels' bike when she parked in the garage -- I wet my pants (although it doesn't take much to accomplish THAT some days).

Tonight I let Kels drive around the neighborhood before taking them to driver's ed and she not one time crossed over 15 miles per hour. She came about six inches from each and every car parked on the street. But the funniest thing was that every time she would turn a corner, she would take her foot off the gas, brake a little bit and nearly go in reverse for going so slow. It just killed me. And the kicker -- the over the top comment? As she was rounding the corner for home, she took her foot off the gas, coasted v-e-r-y slowly around the curve (about negative 2 miles per hour) and stated, "Wow -- I think I should have slowed down for that one." Heh.

Everyone pray for me.

No comments: