Tag Manager

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

When Your Parent Acts Like a Teenager

Today would have been my parent's 42nd wedding anniversary. So, like a good daughter, I've been worried about dad all day long and how he was surviving this day. So around noon I tried to call him -- no answer on either phone. Around 2:00, same thing. Again around 4:00, and 6:00. Then around 7:30 tonight the calls began in earnest. I even went so far as to call a family friend who lives in the area to check on him. Nothing.

Snap to 9:20 tonight. I finally call my sister in tears because I can't find dad and I can only imagine bad things at this point and I am THISCLOSE to driving up there to check on him. My sister tracks him down at the bowling alley of all places (dad is a semi-pro bowler) and they both get a good laugh at my expense because of my worry.

It's so NOT FAIR that I'm at that stage in my life where I worry about my teenage daughters when they go out, but that I also worry about my 67 year old father, as well. When do I get MY freedom???

No comments: