So I’m trying to make a firm decision about when I actually leave my current position to begin my student teaching. I can either begin in January, 2014 or September, 2014. While I’m ready to be gone and begin a new career, I’m a little scared at the same time. I’d be leaving a well-paid, full-time job for the certainty of a three month unpaid student teaching position and then the uncertainty of a job in hand. There are pros and cons to either jumping in in January or waiting until September.
- Sucking it up, buttercup, and getting it done.
- Not being here in my current job
- Greater possibility of finding a teaching contract in March/April
- Not have a regular paycheck
- Few more months salary, which in turn leads to…
- A couple more vacations with the hubs and family (we love our travels)
- A nearly 5 month break from school (both learning and teaching)
- Having to stay at my current job for an extra few months
- Slightly decreased possibility of a teaching contract going into the holidays
I know I don’t talk about it much in print, but there are circumstances currently that make this position much less than desirable and the thought of staying a few extra months is dismaying. But hey!! Vacations!! Money!! And whether I start in January or in September, I’m fortunate that my husband covers my insurance and other benefits so that’s not a particular worry.So, from my vast readership of two – thoughts?